Last week I received a Watermelon Award from Linda at Natural Suburbia. Thank you Linda, I appreciate it! I tried following the trail of links to see where the award originated from and find out more about it, but reached a dead end after about ten blogs. (Although someone did have it on her blog as a gadget titled, "My melons are a ten." I like that!)
In accepting the award, I have to tell you six things that make me happy.
1) I have a job! I am so grateful to be employed during this recession. I've been laid off a few times in the past, and it's not fun (at least not after the first time when it felt like I was given permission to have an extended vacation). And I actually like my job, which is a refreshing change.
2) Obama is president! That makes me extremely happy. 'Nuff said.
3) The supportive women in my life who inspire and encourage me. You know who you are!
4) My spiritual side. I don't talk about it much because I am a private person, but my spirituality nurtures and sustains me.
5) Crafts! I am so in love with knitting, and I'm in the process of falling hard for painting and collage, too. (I'm a bit of tramp, aren't I?) Crafting has changed my life in so many ways.
6) My kittens, of course. Charlie and Apollo are the most loving, snuggly cats I know. I can't imagine my life without them.
What makes you happy?
* * *
My friend Rachel at Not-So-Plain Jane is having a giveaway. Just leave her a comment by June 30th, and you could win this adorable purse. Good luck!